Sunday, November 9, 2008

Winds of Change

It is official, after 2 1/2 years here at the ER, Dave has decided to go into business with our bishop. They plan on opening a walk-in clinic on December 1st. We are excited and nervous at the same time. We do feel good about it after a lot of prayer. Bishop is a great person and a great Doctor. I think that they will do well.

After 8 years serving in Primary callings, I finally have a new calling at church. I will teach Relief Society. I get to teach out of the Joseph Smith manual. Today was my first day. I learned a lot about teaching women versus children. It was a big change from where I have been for the last 3 years sitting behind a piano. I know my mom had this calling a lot and did great with it, maybe I can follow in her footsteps. I was just extremely happy that I did not go into a cough attack or pass out or anything. It was about the letters that Joseph wrote to Emma. It made me realize that I need to tell people that I love them more.

One more change...my kids actually sat still and were good during church today. This is a big change from the last while. I consider it a great blessing. Sadee sat and gave me big hugs the entire time. Emma really tried hard to sing all of the songs.

2 comments:

JAnderegg said...

You will LOVE Relief Society, but it is different. I'll be praying for you!

Heather E. said...

Awesome! Congrats on your new calling and this new career adventure....good luck!