It has been hard to be a true BYU fan while living in Arizona the past 5 years. Boy have I missed being able to go to or watch the games. A breakthrough happened this year when Direct TV decided to carry a package that has The Mountain and other stations that BYU plays on.
Having grown up going to most of the home BYU games with my dad, then marrying a BYU student and going to the games with him, it has been like a little part of my life has been out of balance. Not this year though. And, it has been great to be back. Not only for the great season that they are having, but for the sheer enjoyment of following a team and watching a game. Now I am just trying to get my kids to appreciate the games. I guess it is a little different when you can go live as a kid. We did go and watch them play in New Mexico last year, and I am hoping that they come to Arizona next year. It looks like we might be able to get to a basketball game this year sometime.
So, for those of you who live close enough to go to the games. I am jealous. But for those of us who live far away, thanks Directv for bringing me some good fun BYU football!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment