Thursday, November 6, 2008

Growing Pains

Spencer, being nine, is getting old enough to question things. And, boy does he like to question things. It feels like everything I ask him to do he questions why, or decides that what I have to say is not important. For the last 3 days I have been telling him that Pack meeting is tonight and that the boys were asked to dress up as their favorite character from a book. I gave him suggestions, but left it up to him. He said he didn't want to dress up, and that no one else would be dressed up. Well, when we arrived tonight and found all of the other boys dressed up, he came to me and asked what he could do. I had to tell him that he had made his choice. He was a bit choked up, but was trying to be brave. Thankfully by the end of the evening he was running around with the rest of them and felt better.

4 comments:

Brent and April said...

Hey, Your blog looks great! Thanks again for being such a good friend! -April

poor Spencer :)

NIblet said...

Nice looking blog! It was nice to see pics of the kids, you and dave look just the same. I liked reading about all the snake adventures, but don't relate as my father was always catching snakes and taught us to, we had them in a terrarium in the living room. I liked that I had one in my garden in Mass, keeping down the mouse and mole population. I was sad when our cat caught and killed him. hugs, robin

Heather E. said...

Awesome...........welcome to the world of blogging! I love to look at other's blogs just to see what they are up to and keep updated! You blog looks great. Good job!

sorniefamily said...

Hey Amber- It's your cousin Heather, your mom told me about your blog, I think it is a great way to keep in touch with extended family. If you will send me your email, I will put you on my list and you can check out my blog as well.
sorniefamily@msn.com