Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Procrastination
My friend April and I decided to start going to the Snowflake Cannery on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Well, today was our third attempt. The first attempt failed when we decided to go on a Friday. I had misread the days open and read it Wed Thru Saturday instead of Wed, Thur, Sat. Oops. Our second attempt was a couple of weeks ago when the cannery was out of most everything including cans. At least that trip we were able to get a few things. Today, we arrived and found the parking lot packed, cars parked along the side, etc. We went inside to find a madhouse of women (and one man) trying to get in to get some food storage. We figured we had spent the gas so we unloaded my 2 kids and her 2 kids. When we got inside, we signed on, filled out our forms. Part way through, we were told that we needed a number. Well, April was given one, and I was not. Her number was way past the order in which we had come. I was beginning to think that this was going to turn out like Elder's Quarem basketball. I guess all of us have been procrastinating and with the outcome of the elections and our Arizona wide stake conference we had all decided to get on the bandwagon. I went to go and check where my name was on the list only to realize that the list we had signed in on was no longer there and there were 6 names on the new list. I was beginning to wonder why there was a list. Finally the one brother there, a saint in my opinion, asked if he could help the lone brother missionary there filling the orders. Gratefully they let him. April got hers filled, about 20 minutes later, I got mine filled. We did it. We can now survive a little while longer thanks to our adventure today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment