Thursday, December 4, 2008
Thanksgiving
Every other year our family spends Thanksgiving with all of Dave's Extended family in Gunlock, UT. It is a cool little town just outside of Saint George. We all (a whole bunch of us) sleep there and stay there for the entire weekend. It is chaotic fun. We never have to worry about our kids, they just play and play. There is plenty to eat! One of my favorites is the homemade fresh salsa that they make (thanks Jamie and Diana). It is fun to see everyone, and everyone's growing families. It used to be that Dave and I were the only cousins with children, now many more have joined the ranks. Dave's cousin Jamie even commented this time as we walked in the door that we were "for real". Meaning that we have 4 kids and they are older (I guess that makes us a for real family!) We ate, hit the black friday sales, ate, geocached, ate, shot guns, ate, and had our own family parade (this is a tradition where everyone dresses up into whatever costumes are available, and we walk down the road honking, and we even have a santa who throws candy to anyone brave enough to leave their homes to gawk at us). This year we had a football game which was one of my favorite activities. When we came home, my parents were here to greet us. My parents had made chili. They had spent the holiday "touring" some parts of Arizona. While they were here my oven went out:( So, we spent some time looking for a new one, going to lunch, eating navajo tacos, going to dinner, planting tulip bulbs and watching a movie. We even decorated the tree while they were here. We always enjoy having them come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was so exciting when I found your blog (on Diana's). I think it's such a fun way to keep track of people. I'll have to see what I can do about heading up your direction sometime.
Post a Comment